The FL23 Algal CO2 Analysis Package is designed for measurements of CO2 exchange from algae in a head space of a plexiglass cuvette (80ml total volume) designed by Qubit Systems. The CO2 gas released into the head space of the cuvette is dried and carried to the Q-S151 CO2 analyzer for measurements of CO2 levels (0-2000ppm) in a flow through system.
Gas enters the cuvette via the inlet port and an air stone which is below the liquid level. This causes bubbling through the sample, and generates mixing action. The CO2 from the algal suspension is released into the head space above the liquid and exits the chamber via the gas outlet. Gas coming out of the chamber enters a PTFE filter first, then Nafion RH equilibrator and the drying column before it enters the Q-S151 CO2 Analyzer for measurements of CO2 concentration. If any liquid does accidentely leaves the algal chamber the PTFE filter will stop it from entering the Q-S151 CO2 analyzer.
The illumination of the algal culture can be provided by the A110 LED light source (not calibrated) or A113 LED light Source calibrated in software for PAR output in umol photon/m2/s. Chlorophyll Fluorescence measurements can be obtained using the Cuvette AquaPen (Z985) where the suspension of the algal culture is transferred into a cuvette for the measurements.
- Modular System for measurements of of CO2 released from liquid culture
- Includes all required components plus software and data interface
- Algal photosynthesis studies
- Bacterial respiration research
- Fermentation studies
- Q-S151 CO2 Analyzer (0 – 2000 ppm) (includes CO2 and H20 scrubbers)
- Q-P103 Gas Pump 1L/min (no load)
- G122 Large Gas Bags
- F500 Flow meter (rotameter style) or G266 Flow Monitor (Optional)
- G211 Algal Gas Exchange Chamber (80ml)
- C610 LabQuest Mini Data Acquisition Interface
- C901 LoggerPro Data Acquisition Software
- Accessory kit (tubing, connectors, PTFE filters, Nafion RH equilibrator, wrench, screwdriver)